Cape Coral Celebrates "Where Community Grows" During Park and Recreation Month
Join the City of Cape Coral for National Park and Recreation Month this July as we celebrate how our City is stronger, more vibrant, and more resilient because of parks and recreation.
Various activities are planned for residents of all ages and abilities — including a free Florida-friendly landscaping class, an ice cream social, and free boat trailer parking. A full Cape Coral Parks & Recreation events calendar can be found below.
Park and Recreation Month is an initiative of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA). Celebrate with us by attending a local Parks & Rec event or simply visiting parks here in Cape Coral and enjoying our beautiful City.NRPA and Cape Coral encourage everyone who supports Parks and Recreation to share how it has improved their quality of life and why their local park and recreation professionals are essential to them on social media with the hashtag #WhereCommunityGrows.
In addition to scheduled events this month, the City encourages all residents and visitors to:
- Visit your favorite Cape Coral parks
- Explore one of Cape Coral's new GO Bond parks
- Ride a bike on Cape Coral’s 90+ miles of interconnected bicycle trails
- Enjoy PGA Family Golf Month specials at Coral Oaks Golf Course
- Take a free tour of the butterfly house at Rotary Park each Monday, Friday, and Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
- Explore the Veterans Memorial Area at Four Mile Eco Preserve
- Sign up for a class at the Cape Coral Art Center or a fitness program at Four Freedoms Park
- Have lunch at Pops Café inside City Hall