BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Please call 239-574-0411 to make an appointment.
You will be required to have the application(s) completed and have all the necessary paperwork PRIOR to your scheduled appointment. Click here to determine what form to use and to fill out/download the forms. Please review the information below for the documents required to apply for a passport.
The City Clerk's Office acts as a Passport Acceptance Facility on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.
All those traveling outside the United States need a passport to re-enter the country, including those traveling to Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
When applying for a passport, two separate fees and forms of payment are required. Be sure to review the accepted forms of payment in the Passport Fees section.
Where to Apply
1015 Cultural Park Boulevard - City Clerk's Main Office
Requirements for a New Passport
For detailed information on the requirements for a new passport please visit the U.S Department of State website. As a reference, below is some general information related to applying for a new passport.
You must apply in person and complete form DS-11 if any of the following is true:
- You have never had a U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent passport was lost or stolen
When applying for a passport, please provide the following:
Proof of citizenship
- Original or certified copy of your birth certificate (must include parent’s full names)
- Certificate of naturalization (if applicable)
- You must also provide a black and white photocopy of your proof of citizenship. We can provide this service for you at a charge of $1.00 per page.
Proof of identity (one of the following):
- Valid driver's license
- State identification card
- You must also provide a photocopy of the front and back of your proof of identity. We can provide this service for you at a charge of $1.00 per page.
- Recent color passport photo
- Front view - eyeglasses must be removed
- 2 inches X 2 inches
Effective November 1st, 2016, customers applying for or renewing their passport must remove eyeglasses for their passport photo.
Visit the U.S. State Department website for passport photo examples and requirements.
Estimated Time to Receive Passport(s)
You may apply for a passport card, which may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Passport Reapplication for Name Change
If you qualify, complete form DS-82 and return to the address listed on the form.
If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must apply in person using the DS-11 form.
The City Clerk’s Office or any other Passport Acceptance Facility does not process passport renewals. These are mailed in by the applicant.
Passport Application for Minors
Passport applications for minors (under age 16) use form DS-11 and provide the following:
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a birth certificate
- Driver's license, if applicable
- Most recent passport, if applicable
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant
- The minor must appear in person
Both parents must appear together to sign the application form. If only one parent is appearing, the absent parent must submit a notarized Statement of Consent (form DS-3053) and a photocopy of the front and back of his/her driver's license. The consent form cannot be more than three months old.
When applying for a passport for a newborn, the parents must provide proof that they have applied for a Social Security Number for the child in question.