The City Clerk's Office acts as a Passport Acceptance Facility on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. We are located at 1015 Cultural Park Blvd., Cape Coral, FL 33990
All those traveling outside the United States need a passport to re-enter the country, including those traveling to Canada, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
FIRST: Click here to determine what form and process you will need to follow. Proceed on this page IF it is determined that you need to apply in person at an Acceptance Facility.
Read below for REQUIRED documents and specific payment fees needed.
**ALL applicants must be present which includes children.
- DS-11 Passport application must be printed on single pages (not two-sided AND COMPLETED (but NOT signed) legibly with black ink, no white-out, no mistakes or cross-outs, BEFORE your scheduled appointment.
- Must have Proof of Citizenship (will be submitted with application) Click here for further details on Proof of U.S. Citizenship, see Item 2. Provide Evidence of U.S. Citizenship.
- US Citizens- original or certified copy of birth certificate (long form with at least one parents’ name listed, raised seal, file date, signature and child’s name.)
- Naturalized US Citizens- original naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.
- Applicants under age 18 deriving through a parent's naturalization: Original or certified copy of foreign birth certificates with a certified English translation of the foreign birth certificate, a permanent resident card or foreign passport with Visa and both parent’s original naturalization certificates. If only one parent has a naturalization certificate, a marriage certificate or divorce decree is needed. If never married, a note to that effect is needed.
- Must have Identification - Click here for list of Identification Documents - see Item 4. Present ID
- Applicants 18 years or older- Valid government issued photo identification.
- Applicants 16 to 17 years old - Valid government issued photo identification of one parent and of applicant (one parent MUST be present.)
- Applicants under 16 years old- Valid government issued photo identification of each parent listed on child’s birth certificate (BOTH parents MUST be present, or a certified copy of a court document that depicts sole custody or permission to obtain passport, must be presented.) May use Form DS-3053 signed in front of Notary by Non-Appearing parent (read carefully as additional documentation is required.) ***You must submit documentation that lists the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child applying for a passport. Click here for details on what documentation is required.
- Must bring Single-Sided copies of front AND back of Photo Identification and Citizenship documentation. (Copy services available if needed, $.15/page)
- Single-Sided copy of front and back of photo identification on 8 ½ x 11 sheets of paper.
- Single-Sided copy of front and back of citizenship document on 8 ½ x 11 sheets of paper.
- Must have a 2x 2 Passport Photo that meets US Department of State requirements. Click here to review the requirements.
MUST have payment fees when applying for a passport. TWO separate fees and forms of payment are required. Be sure to review the accepted forms of payment below and click here to review the required fees schedule.
- U.S. Department of State Application Fee (check or money order ONLY)
- City of Cape Coral Execution Fee (cash, credit/debit or, money order)
Processing Times: Click here to view the current processing times. These processing times do not include mail delivery time.
Once the application is completed and mailed, we no longer have access to your information. Any questions after the application is submitted, must be directed to the US Department of State by calling 1-877-487-2778 from 6 a.m. - midnight, Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays) or visit their Application Status page.
The National Passport Information Center contact directory can be found on the same website.
• General passport information: http://www.travel.state.gov/passports
• How to apply: travel.state.gov/applyinperson
• How to renew: travel.state.gov/renew
• How to find country-specific passport validity requirements: Country Information
Where to Apply
1015 Cultural Park Boulevard - City Clerk's Main Office
Requirements for a New Passport
For detailed information on the requirements for a new passport please visit the U.S Department of State website. As a reference, below is some general information related to applying for a new passport.
You must apply in person and complete form DS-11 if any of the following is true:
- You have never had a U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent passport was lost or stolen
When applying for a passport, please provide the following:
Proof of citizenship
- Original or certified copy of your birth certificate (must include parent’s full names)
- Certificate of naturalization (if applicable)
- You must also provide a black and white photocopy of your proof of citizenship. We can provide this service for you at a charge of $.15 per page.
Proof of identity (one of the following):
- Valid driver's license
- State identification card
- You must also provide a photocopy of the front and back of your proof of identity. We can provide this service for you at a charge of $.15 per page.
- Recent color passport photo
- Front view - eyeglasses must be removed
- 2 inches X 2 inches
Effective November 1st, 2016, customers applying for or renewing their passport must remove eyeglasses for their passport photo.
Visit the U.S. State Department website for passport photo examples and requirements.
Estimated Time to Receive Passport(s)
You may apply for a passport card, which may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Passport Reapplication for Name Change
If you qualify, complete form DS-82 and return to the address listed on the form.
If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must apply in person using the DS-11 form.
The City Clerk’s Office or any other Passport Acceptance Facility does not process passport renewals. These are mailed in by the applicant.
Passport Application for Minors
Passport applications for minors (under age 16) use form DS-11 and provide the following:
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a birth certificate
- Driver's license, if applicable
- Most recent passport, if applicable
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant
- The minor must appear in person
Both parents must appear together to sign the application form. If only one parent is appearing, the absent parent must submit a notarized Statement of Consent (form DS-3053) and a photocopy of the front and back of his/her driver's license. The consent form cannot be more than three months old.
When applying for a passport for a newborn, the parents must provide proof that they have applied for a Social Security Number for the child in question.