Permitting Services Division
Permitting Counter Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m., and is closed to the public on Fridays.
*Last sign-in for the day is at 3:00 p.m.
|Automated Inspection Scheduling||855-636-2824|
|Inspection Scheduling Questions/Help||239-573-3173|
|C/O Desk-City Inspected permits||239-574-0606
|C/O Desk-Private Provider||239-242-3782|
The City of Cape Coral requires permits and inspections to ensure safe building, effective land use, quality site planning, and coordinated development. The Permitting Services Division is a vital part of the Development Services Department, providing all building permits for property development within the City of Cape Coral. A properly obtained building permit grants legal permission to construct or alter a structure, install, or replace electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing systems according to Florida Building Codes and Standards currently in force.
Effective March 20, 2023 - Notice to Industry - Electronic Permit Applications and Electronic Plans Requirement
Effective Immediately - Notice to Industry - Photovoltaic Structural Reviews are Rescinded
Please read the Notice to Industry Regarding Residential and Commercial Electronic Submission Requirements - Effective January 1, 2023
See Permitting Fees
How to Apply for Permits:
1. To learn what you need, review the Types of Permits in the Permit Document Center.
2. Building Permits must be submitted through the EnerGov Customer Self-Service (CSS) Portal.
--> Click here for information on how to use the EnerGov CSS System
- You must come in person to City Hall to apply for your permit as an owner-builder.
- Sign-in for the permitting counter via Join the line at the following link: https://www.capecoral.gov/department/community_development/DCDQueue.php
- We encourage you to avoid delays at the Building Permit counter by registering your account in our new self-service portal, EnerGov: https://energovweb.capecoral.gov/EnerGovProd/selfservice#/home
- Here’s a helpful video on how to register in CSS for the first time: https://youtu.be/cv4TlSt1crE
- If you must come in person, please sign in for the permitting counter via Join the line at the following link: https://www.capecoral.gov/department/community_development/DCDQueue.php
Have a question? Call our EnerGov helpline at 239-242-3838. Agents are available from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, to assist with your EnerGov questions.
For general permitting inquiries, please call (239) 574-0546 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.