The Development Services Department is responsible for promoting the orderly growth and environment of the city through the planning and enforcement of codes. These codes are adopted to promote the health, safety, and welfare of the residents and visitors of the City.
The mission of the Development Services Department is to provide services and programs that enhance community value. Our employees are professional, and courteous and strive to enhance the quality of life for our residents and visitors. We serve today's development demands while planning for tomorrow's community needs.
The department is comprised of the following divisions:
- Code Compliance Division – Responsible for enforcing codes for residential and commercial properties, as well as occupational license ordinance violations.
- Permitting Services Division - Responsible for building permits and site development plans pertaining to City development.
- Building Division – Responsible for plan reviews, inspections, and certificates of occupancy for all construction in the City.
- City Planning Division – Responsible for current planning and development review, long-range planning, environmental, Federal and State grant management, Geographic Information System, FEMA and CRS programs, and special projects. Click the following link to access our Land Development Code.
- Land Development Division - Responsible for the review of all subdivision plats.
Development Services Department - City Hall -1015 Cultural Park Blvd.
Development Services Interim Director - Connie Barron, Assistant City Manager
Phone: (239) 574-0448 ~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Development Services Deputy Director - Vincent A. Cautero, AICP
Phone: (239) 574-0566 ~ Email: email@example.com
For more information, visit the Development Services Divisions located on the left navigation panel on this page or see contact information in the chart below.
|Additional Information||(239) Phone||Email Address or Link|
|Garage Sale Permitsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Licensing and Business Tax Receiptsemail@example.com|
|Permitting||574-0546||Refer to EnerGov CSS|
|Commercial/Residential Permit Tracking||573-3172||Refer to EnerGov CSS|
|Automated Inspection Number||855-636-2824|
|Certificate of Occupancy||574-0606||COrequest@capecoral.gov|
|Building Plan Review Information||826-5208||Refer to FBC|
|City Planning, Zoning, Sign Permits, Certificates of Zoning Compliance, Housing, and FEMAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Site Development Plan Review||573-3180||SDPlans@capecoral.gov|
|Fire Department Inspections and Reviewsemail@example.com|
|Public Works Surface Water Management Reviews||574-0586|