Nicholas Parkway Nighttime Closures from April 18-22
April 15, 2022
During the week of April 18-22, 2022, Nicholas Parkway will be closed during the nighttime hours for water main replacements and storm drain installations.
Nicholas Parkway will be closed from Country Club Boulevard to Cultural Park Boulevard during the following hours:
- Monday, April 18, beginning at 8 p.m. through the overnight hours of Tuesday, April 19, and ending at 5 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 19, beginning at 8 p.m. through the overnight hours of Wednesday, April 20, and ending at 5 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 20, beginning at 8 p.m. through the overnight hours of Thursday, April 21, and ending at 5 a.m.
- Thursday, April 21, beginning at 8 p.m. through the overnight hours of Friday, April 22, and ending at 5 a.m.
During these closures, the following side roads will be closed at Nicholas Parkway:
- SE 4th Avenue
- SE 5th Avenue
- SE 5th Place
- SE 5th Court
- SE 8th Place
- SE 8th Avenue
- Driveway into the City of Cape Coral Public Works Building
Motorists should follow detour signs.
During the closures, motorists should expect lane shifts on the following roads:
- Nicholas Parkway East
- Cultural Boulevard/Academy Boulevard
- Country Club Boulevard
Westbound Nicholas Parkway from Santa Barbara Boulevard to Country Club Boulevard will be reduced to one lane in each direction for local access to north side properties. Drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians should use caution.
Motorists may experience momentary delays while crews move materials for the construction activities.
Due to inclement weather and unforeseen underground conditions, this schedule may change.
Please visit the project website at www.NicholasParkwayEast.com to sign up for email updates about detours and construction information.
For additional information or questions, please contact the public information consultant for the project:
Cella Molnar & Associates, Inc.
239-337-1071 or toll-free 877-496-1076