Be Prepared for Hurricane Season
Before a major storm develops, complete the following:
- Know your zone: Hurricane Evacuation Zones are no longer referenced by storm category but are now named by Hurricane Surge Evacuation Zones A/B/C/D/E. *Please note that Hurricane Surge Evacuation Zones are different than Flood Zones. Click here to view your Evacuation Zone.
- Put together an emergency kit: Check emergency equipment, like flashlights, generators, and storm shutters.
- Write or review your family emergency plan: Keep a copy of the plan in your emergency supply kit or another safe place where you can access it in the event of a disaster.
- Be aware of Special Needs shelters: Lee County offers a Special Needs Program for those who live in an area not safe from storm surges or wind and have no other place to go. For more information or to register, visit LeeEOC.com. Registrations must be renewed annually. Registration must occur before Lee County enters the five-day forecast cone of a storm.
- Review your insurance policies: Ensure you have adequate coverage for your home and personal property.
- Know where to get your emergency information: Follow the City on social media and monitor local media outlets. Sign up for the AlertLee system to receive free emergency notifications from City and County officials. For details, visit www.capecoral.gov/AlertLee.
Remember, it only takes one event to devastate a community, so the best time to get yourself and your family prepared is before a storm forms.
* Personal Preparedness
* Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
* Family & Friends CPR
View the Lee County All Hazards Guide for more preparedness
information by clicking the cover pages below.