Cape Coral Workforce
Many professionals are discovering Cape Coral is the perfect place to begin or expand their careers, find a perfect, affordable home and start their lives. High-quality education, an attractive locale, growing population and thriving economy are central to developing a strong workforce and recruitment.
The City of Cape Coral is growing rapidly and the workforce is growing with it.
Click here to read more about the City's booming population - 200K by the end of 2020!
Cape Employment by Age and Education - 2019-2020
- 7 in population growth (Cape Coral-Fort Myers MSA) from 2010 to 2018 – U.S. Census Bureau, April 2019
- 1 projected real economic growth for next three years (5.1 percent annually) – Forbes / Moody’s Analytics, October 2018
- 2 projected job growth – Forbes / Moody’s Analytics, October 2018
- 2 or Best in Nation for expected job growth for multiple quarters in 2018 and 2019 – Manpower Group Employment Outlook Survey
- Florida 4 in business tax climate – The Tax Foundation / Business Facilities magazine, 2018
|2019 Largest Employers||Number of Employees|
|Lee County School District||2,485|
|Lee Memorial Health System||2,562|
|City of Cape Coral||1,362|
|Publix Super Market||1,258|
|Sam's / Walmart||887|
|Regional VA Clinic||530|
|Gulf Coast Village||470|
|Cape Coral Charter Schools||327|
|Lowe's Home Improvement Center||325|
Workforce Educational & Business Partners
In addition to nearly a dozen higher-education providers in Southwest Florida, key workforce development partners for Cape Coral include: