Cape Coral Hurricane Recovery Update for October 10
October 10, 2022
COMMUNITY DISTRIBUTION SITES
- Cape Christian Church, 2110 Chiquita Blvd S. - Open at 10 a.m.
- Ocean Church, 2016 Kismet Parkway E - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Leonard Street POD, 4820 Leonard St. - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Farmer Joe's, 1401 SW Pine Island Road. - Open 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. on 10/10.
INDIVIDUAL AND BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
- Individuals can visit www.fema.gov to apply.
- Businesses can visit www.fema.gov or www.sba.gov to apply.
- Cape Coral Business Recovery Center open; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Thursday at Kiwanis Club, 360 Santa Barbara Blvd. S; closed Friday, Sat. and Sun.
NEED A TARP?
Free tarps are being distributed today at the following community distribution sites:
- Cape Christian, 2110 Chiquita Blvd S.
- Ocean Church, 2016 Kismet Parkway E
- Leonard Street Point of Distribution, 4820 Leonard St.
BURN BAN IN EFFECT FOR CAPE CORAL
- The City of Cape Coral issued a burn ban, effective 10/6, until further notice. Recreational burns are not permitted.
LCEC UPDATE as of 10/10
- According to LCEC, just over 11,000 customers in Cape Coral remain without power.
- Since the start of debris collection, 1,281 truckloads from Cape Coral streets totaling 58,536 cubic yards. Hurricane debris must be placed at the curb in three separate piles.
- Vegetative debris, construction debris, and appliances
- For more info, please visit www.capecoral.gov.
HURRICANE DEBRIS DROP-OFF SITE
- Residents may drop off vegetative debris at 2930 NW 13th Street from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. daily.
- Bring your ID to show you are a Cape Coral resident. Do not place debris in bags.
- Jim Jeffers Park, 2817 SW 3rd Ln.
- Cape Coral Technical College, 360 Santa Barbara Blvd N.
- Open from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. daily. Charging and cooling stations are available. Laundry services are on-site.
Dial 3-1-1 or (239) 573-3000 to get information from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. daily.