Cape Coral Hurricane Recovery Update for October 6
October 6, 2022
NEW HYGIENE STATION
*Open from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. daily.*
- NEW - Cape Coral Technical College, 360 Santa Barbara Blvd N. (ADA-compliant showers are available at this location.)
- Jim Jeffers Park, 2817 SW 3rd Ln.
- Bring your shower supplies – toiletries and towels are not provided.
- Charging and cooling stations are also available.
- Laundry services are on-site. Detergent is not needed - residents can simply drop off laundry. They will be notified when it's ready for pickup.
EMERGENCY PERMITTING LOCATIONS
Locations will be open starting 10/11/22. Hours of operation will be Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- City Hall, 1015 Cultural Park Blvd.
- Art Center, 4533 Coronado Pkwy.
Visit www.capecoral.gov for more info.
POD LOCATIONS WITH FOOD, WATER
*All sites are open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.*
- Coral Oaks Golf Course, 1800 NW 28th Ave.
- Cape Coral Sports Complex, 1410 Sports Blvd.
- Cape Coral Leonard Street, 4820 Leonard St.
- Check www.capecoral.gov for updates.
LCEC UPDATE AS OF 10/6
- LCEC announced they plan to have power restored to 95% of the power grid by 10/8.
- According to LCEC, power has been restored to 25,758 customers. The restoration process focuses on major facilities that supply power to main circuits to help energize essential services.
- LCEC reports they're receiving mutual aid from FPL and other electrical cooperatives.
- Visit lcec.net for updates.
FREE POTABLE WATER
*You must bring a container to fill up*
This water must be boiled before consumption until the citywide boil water notice is rescinded.
- Free potable water is available to City Residents from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily at these locations:
- Diplomat Middle School, 1039 NE 16th Terr.
- Mariner Middle School, 425 Chiquita Blvd N.
- Bottled water is available at Points of Distribution.
- Predatory contractors are in our area. Protect yourself by asking for proof of contractor license and insurance. Do not sign a contract with someone you have not vetted.
- To report an Unlicensed Contractor, contact Cape Coral Code Compliance at 239-242-3783.
DEBRIS DROP-OFF SITE
- Residents may drop off vegetative debris at 1130 NW 28th Place from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. daily.
- You must bring ID to show you are a Cape Coral resident. Do not place debris in bags.