Ribbon Cutting for Giuffrida Neighborhood Park
August 26, 2022
The City of Cape Coral is hosting a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Giuffrida Park on Friday, September 9, at 10:00 a.m.
The ceremony will be held at Giuffrida Park, 1044 NE 4 Street. The public is welcome to attend.
In 2018, Cape Coral voters approved a $60 million expansion of the City's parks and recreation amenities. The approved 15-year general obligation (GO) bond will fund major parks and recreation improvements throughout the City.
The improvements to Giuffrida Park include:
- Two new, free-standing play elements, including a Playcube climber and a Spinami spinner
- Playground shade structure
- New vinyl coated chain link fence with ADA-accessible gates
- New concrete curbing defining the playground border
- Six inches of playground-approved wood chips
- Installation of over 1,000 square feet of Bahia Sod.
- Two pickleball courts
- A multi-use path and upgraded parking
- Improved landscaping
Giuffrida Park is Cape Coral's first Neighborhood Park and was named after Nick Giuffrida, who started the Nobility-Pointe Corale Homeowner's Association.