June 27, 2022
Join the City of Cape Coral for National Park and Recreation Month this July as we celebrate how our City is stronger, more vibrant, and more resilient because of parks and recreation.
Various activities are planned for residents of all ages and abilities — including free swimming lessons for underserved families, a free Bob Ross Paint-Along, and a Parks & Rec Giveaway Day. A full Cape Coral Parks & Recreation events calendar can be found below.
Park and Recreation Month is an initiative of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) to invite communities around the country to share their experiences, memories, and stories about what parks and recreation mean to them. Please celebrate with us by attending a local Parks & Rec event or simply visiting parks here in Cape Coral and enjoying our beautiful City.
NRPA and Cape Coral encourage everyone who supports Parks and Recreation to share how it has improved their quality of life and why their local park and recreation professionals are important to them on social media with the hashtag #RiseUpJuly.
In addition to scheduled events this month, the City encourages all residents and visitors to:
· Enjoy PGA Family Golf Month specials at Coral Oaks Golf Course at www.CoralOaksGolf.com
· Visit your favorite playground
· Explore a park you’ve never been to
· Ride a bike on Cape Coral’s 90+ miles of interconnected bicycle trails
· Take a free tour of the butterfly house at Rotary Park each Monday, Friday, and Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
· Explore the Veterans Memorial Area at Four Mile Eco Preserve
· Have lunch at Pops Café inside City Hall
To learn more about National Park and Recreation Month, visit www.capeparks.com and www.nrpa.org/July.