Name Your Park Contest
The City of Cape Coral is asking for the community’s help in naming the Gator Circle neighborhood park. The park is expected to open later this year and the City is looking for name suggestions for the park that include at least one of several elements listed below:
- History, culture and people of Florida (especially of SWFL or Cape Coral)
- The natural environment and native plants and animals of Florida and especially SWFL (and/or Cape Coral)
- Notable events or achievements that are associated with Florida and especially SWFL (and/or Cape Coral)
- The neighborhood, community, or physical location of the park
- Founders, leaders, heroes, symbols, and fundamental principles of our nation
The name must also be brief, pronounceable, and memorable and distinct and dissimilar from the name of any other nearby park.
If you have an idea that you would like to submit for consideration you can do so on the City of Cape Coral’s website starting on Monday, January 24. The deadline to submit is Friday, January 28 at 5:00 p.m.
“I’m looking forward to having the community involved with naming the park,” said Kerry Runyon, Director of Cape Coral Parks & Recreation, “the park will become a central part of the Gator Circle community once it opens, so it’s logical that they have a voice in what it will be called.”