Hurricane Ian Recovery
EMERGENCY PERMITTING LOCATIONS
New Hours: Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- City Hall, 1015 Cultural Park Blvd.
Emergency Permitting (details and special forms)
INDIVIDUAL AND BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
See the Information and Assistance web page
See the What's Open / Business Resources web page
BURN BAN IN EFFECT FOR CAPE CORAL
- The City of Cape Coral issued a burn ban, effective 10/6, until further notice.
- Recreational burns are not permitted.
WASTE PRO PICKUP
Household garbage and recycling services have resumed. The City’s contracted debris removal company is collecting hurricane debris.
HURRICANE DEBRIS & DROP-OFF
See the Hurricane Debris & Garbage Collection page for details on how to properly sort hurricane debris and for updates on the City's debris collection progress.
Visit our Interactive Map to find out when your zone can expect collection.
- If you have damage between your electrical pole and home (e.g., riser, weather head), an electrical inspection is needed for power restoration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Inspection Hotline: (239) 574-0555
PARKS & RECREATION
- Some Parks and Recreation facilities remain closed or partially closed as clean-up efforts continue. Visit the Parks & Recreation home page to see the latest update.
MENTAL HEALTH ASSISTANCE
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990.
- NAMI Helpline: 1-800-950-6264 or text 9-8-8.
- United Way: Call 2-1-1.
FWC HURRICANE IAN VESSEL HOTLINE
- Call (850) 488-5600, Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., to report displaced or damaged vessels on Florida waters. Callers should be prepared to provide the vessel’s registration number, current location, and detailed description.
Call the Crisis Cleanup Ian Hotline at 800-451-1954
WANT TO HELP?
* To volunteer, contact the Red Cross, Volunteer Florida, CORE, Crisis Relief and Recovery, Disaster Aid USA, Crisis Cleanup, or the United Way at 2-1-1.
Residents should contact their Internet providers if they are experiencing internet connectivity issues and with questions on service updates.
- Comcast/Xfinity: 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)
- Customers are encouraged to go to the Status Center on the Xfinity app to report a service interruption
- Xfinity Wi-Fi vans providing free internet connectivity are available daily from 9 am-6 pm at the Walmart Supercenter (1619 Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral)
- Lumen customers with CenturyLink or Quantum Fiber services:
- 1-800-201-4099 or click here to report outages
- Lumen has set up a 24/7 Wi-Fi location for its customers at 4001 Palm Tree Blvd, Cape Coral
- Quantum Fiber: 1-833-250-6306 or click here to chat or report a trouble ticket
DIAL 3-1-1 OR (239) 573-3000 TO GET INFORMATION FROM 7:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY