Hurricane Ian Recovery
FEMA Fact Sheet 102 - Building Back Stronger - Ver versión en español
Hurricane Ian/Hurricane Nicole Recovery Update - 3.16.23 - Ver versión en español
Avoid and Report Disaster Fraud - News Release - 3.13.23 - Ver versión en español
INDIVIDUAL AND BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
See the Information and Assistance web page
City Hall, 1015 Cultural Park Blvd.
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Emergency Permitting (details and special forms)
TAX RELIEF INFORMATION
For eligibility requirements, view A Florida Homeowner's Guide: Property Tax Relief for Hurricanes Ian and Nicole (printable PDF) or the Lee County Tax Collector Website.
See the What's Open / Business Resources web page
HURRICANE DEBRIS / WASTE PRO PICK-UP
- Curbside storm debris collection has ended, and Waste Pro has resumed its regular collection schedule.
- Canal debris removal is now on track to be completed by the end of March 2023, with punch list items to be conducted in April.
See Hurricane Debris / Waste Pro Pick-Up web page
- If you have damage between your electrical pole and home (e.g., riser, weather head), an electrical inspection is needed for power restoration. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inspection Hotline: (239) 574-0555
PARKS & RECREATION
- Some Parks and Recreation facilities remain closed or partially closed as clean-up efforts continue. Visit the Parks & Recreation home page to see the latest update.
MENTAL HEALTH ASSISTANCE
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990.
- NAMI Helpline: 1-800-950-6264 or text 9-8-8.
- United Way: Call 2-1-1.
FWC HURRICANE IAN VESSEL HOTLINE
Call (850) 488-5600, Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., to report displaced or damaged vessels on Florida waters. Callers should be prepared to provide the vessel’s registration number, current location, and detailed description.
WANT TO HELP?
To volunteer, contact the Red Cross, Volunteer Florida, CORE, Crisis Relief and Recovery, Disaster Aid USA, Crisis Cleanup, or the United Way at 2-1-1.
Residents should contact their Internet providers if they are experiencing internet connectivity issues and with questions on service updates.
- Comcast/Xfinity: 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)
- Customers are encouraged to go to the Status Center on the Xfinity app to report a service interruption
- Lumen customers with CenturyLink or Quantum Fiber services:
- 1-800-201-4099 or click here to report outages
- Quantum Fiber: 1-833-250-6306 or click here to chat or report a trouble ticket
DIAL 3-1-1 OR (239) 573-3000 TO GET INFORMATION FROM 7:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY