Pine Island Corridor Overview
This rapidly expanding commercial corridor along a major east-west roadway boasts an array of retail, multifamily, office and light industrial development opportunities.
Bisecting Cape Coral’s northern and southern halves, Pine Island Road’s explosive growth in the past few years includes:
- National casual and fast eateries (i.e., Bonefish Grill, Outback Steakhouse)
- Automotive dealerships, including the Kia Motors four-time “National Dealer of the Year.” Nissan and Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram are new additions.
- Superstores (Target, BJ’s, Sam’s Club)
- Tech, advertising and other professional firms
A number of frontage and deep parcels offer premium access from I-75. Some are over 100 acres in size. Average daily traffic counts on Pine Island Road have increased roughly 5% annually since 2012, approaching 30,000 in 2018.
Recent changes to the city’s land-use code also promote retail and office development opportunities. This corridor is positioned to attract additional auto dealers, hotels, big box retailers (i.e., Costco), corporate offices and lifestyle centers. Retail, medical, hospitality and residential uses are all allowed within this flexible zoning area.
Ricardo Noguera, Cape Coral Economic Development Manager
(239) 233-7427 email@example.com Ricardo Noguera has three decades of experience in economic and community development. He originally hails from Brooklyn, New York. Noguera holds a bachelor's degree in cultural geography.