Economic & Business Development Team
How We Help
The Economic & Business Development (EBD) Team utilizes a proactive approach toward creating a business-friendly environment where businesses can prosper and be successful. We help developers and investors acquire, develop and redevelop undeveloped and underutilized properties throughout the city. Our team offers the following services to new and expanding businesses, as well as developers and investors:
- Technology - We are very interested in assisting technology-oriented companies to start up and expand in the Cape. As a result, the Team is eager to work with individuals interested in establishing a technology incubator, co-working space, and new or expanding technology companies.
- Ombudsperson Services - The EBD team provides developers and expanding businesses with ombudsperson services. We will schedule meetings with the appropriate personnel within the city to review plans and serve as your guide throughout the permit review process.
- Business Expansion & Retention Services - We will help your company find suitable expansion sites, refer to lending institutions for financing, and help in the recruitment of workers and training.
- Business Attraction Services - We assist developers, property owners, and assist realtors in identifying appropriate retail, restaurant, office, and industrial tenants.
- Development Site Assistance - We assist developers and investors in the identification of suitable sites to acquire and develop an assortment of uses from multi-family, mixed-use, office, technology, and light industrial uses.
Office of Economic & Business Development
Cape Coral City Hall - 2nd Floor, City Manager's Office
1015 Cultural Park Blvd.
Cape Coral, FL 33990
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m