Information Technology Security
The City has an information security program in place to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information, data, systems, and operations. The security of City systems is architected in a manner that provides resilient, cost-effective, adequate controls while minimizing the effect on productivity.
Free Training: City of Cape Coral residents can register for free security awareness training. The training includes modules on Passwords, Online Banking, Protecting Your Identity, Spam, Viruses and More, Giving Out Personal Information, Protecting Children Online, Securing Your Computer and Home Network, and Opening Email and Attachments.
Reporting a Suspected Security Vulnerability
The City of Cape Coral is committed to providing a safe and secure online experience. Security issues within our service offerings take a high priority. We want to work with you to understand the scope of the vulnerability and ensure that we correct the problem fully. Please use the following guidelines to report a security issue.
1. Report a vulnerability by notifying us at email@example.com. Please provide detailed information about the following:
- The online product, service, and/or web address involved.
- The steps required to reproduce the issue. Please do not include any confidential information such as credit card numbers or SSNs.
- The impact of the vulnerability and how it can be exploited.
Remember to use discretion when reporting issues and respect our customers’ and users’ data and privacy.
2. Once we receive your report, we will contact you to confirm we have received it. We may also contact you for additional information, as we investigate the issue.
3. Please do not post or share any information about a potential security vulnerability in any public setting until we have researched, responded to, and addressed the reported vulnerability and informed customers, if needed. Our services are complex, and reported security vulnerabilities will take time to investigate, address, and fix.