Application Process- FAQ's
If you do not have any questions, you can begin your search by clicking on the following link : Job Postings
- To begin, visit our career page and search our full list of current openings. You can search by position title, department, job category or estimated annual salary. Once you locate a position of interest, click the “Apply” button in the upper right corner of the page. Then, follow the directions on your screen. You can either create a new profile or log back in if you already have a governmentjobs.com account.
- It is important you enter all your previous employment related to the position requirements with the dates of employment and title, highest level of education completed, and any additional skills when prompted.
What if I forget my login Username or Password?
- If you do not remember your Username or Password but have entered an email address in your “My Profile” information, an email can be sent to you which will reset your password or remind you of your User Name. You will need to click on either “Forgot Username” or “Reset Password” to initiate the process of recovering one or both.
- For customer service/technical support with Neogov/governmentjobs.com, please call 855-524-5627.
Do I have to upload a cover letter and/or resume?
- It is recommended to attach a resume, but if you do not have one, you can still manually complete the application.
The position I wanted to apply for is no longer available. Can I still apply?
- If the position is not posted, this means we are no longer accepting applications for that position at this time. However, you can fill out the Employment Interest Form by clicking on the following link: Employment Interest Form
- Select the job category(s) of interest and click the “Subscribe” button. You will then receive notifications anytime a position becomes available in the categories you have chosen.
What happens after I apply for a position?
- After submitting your online application, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided in your profile. Applications are reviewed during and after the job posting has closed by the Talent Acquisition team. Applicants who meet the education, work experience and other minimum requirements for the position, are then referred to the hiring manager for further review. Hiring managers will then select and contact those individuals who have demonstrated the most closely related work experience, education, and training for the position to participate in the interview process.
How do I check the status of my application?
- We receive a large volume of applications and only contact those individuals we’re interested in participating in the hiring process. Therefore, we are not able to contact everyone who applies. If you want to check the status, please login into your account/application profile and view the position(s)/application(s) statuses for which you have applied.
How do ensure I can use my Veteran’s Preference?
- If you are a Veteran, please make sure you answer the Veteran’s Preference question correctly. If you answer “yes”, you MUST provide a copy of your DD Form 214, and/or equivalent separation papers, listing dates of service and type of discharge. You can attach it to your application, fax it to 239-573-3131, or deliver it to the Human Resources department at City Hall within 5 business days after the position closing date.