Accessibility Information

Financial Services

Customer Service


Customer Service representatives are available to answer questions about bills and assist customers with problems pertaining to utility (water, sewer and irrigation) services, assessments, Contribution in Aid of Construction fees, lot mowing, stormwater, capital expansion fees and hardship and grant assistance programs. 

Customer Service
Opening a New Account
To open a new account, the following information is required: legal name, street address where the water and sewer service is to be provided, mailing address, ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID Card, or passport, and signature. All OWNERS must provide a signed HUD settlement statement and all TENANTS must provide a current signed LEASE. An application can be faxed or mailed to you, if requested. Applications need to be complete and can be mailed, processed at Customer Billing Services, or faxed to 239-242-3898.

The City will need to have you specify whether you are a tenant or an owner and the date the service is to start. Proper identification is required to be presented along with a signature on the application before service can be started. Customer Billing Services requires a two-day notice in advance if the application is returned by fax or mail.

Click here  for an application to open a new account.

The City offers a direct pay system that allows you to pay your monthly water and sewer bill automatically each month.

To sign up for this service click here on Direct Pay for the authorization form.

Deposit Information

A deposit shall be required of all new customers who establish a water and sewer account. Deposits shall be paid to the City of Cape Coral by cash, check, money order, or credit card. Provisions have been made to refund deposits after two years (24 months) with satisfactory account history.

Customers who have had a previous account with the City and who are applying for new service will need to satisfy any outstanding balance owed to the City on any previous account(s) prior to receiving service at a new address.

Deposits for tenant accounts must be paid at the time the account is established.  
Owner accounts may be paid in two monthly installments of $50 each.

Utility Rates, Fees and Other Charges
Click here to view the current Water, Wastewater, and Irrigation Rates
Click here for Capital Expansion Fees.


Pay Utility Bills Online
To pay your utility bill online, click on Online Payment. Before using this feature, have your utility account number ready. This information is provided on the front of your utility bill.
Closing an Account
To close an account for a final read or turn off service, a written request indicating the date to disconnect and an address for the final bill to be sent is required. This request can be mailed, faxed or delivered in person to the Customer Billing Services Division at City of Cape Coral, 1015 Cultural Park Blvd Cape Coral FL 33990. If this request is faxed or mailed a two-day notice is required. 

Click here for the Utility Disconnect Form.
Irrigation Connection

The City requires a completed application by the legal owner or property manager in order to hookup to the irrigation service. You will also need to complete and return an affidavit with your irrigation application. If the home site already, has an existing irrigation system, applications and affidavits can be obtained at the Customer Billing Services Division or you can call 239-574-7722. For your convenience, you can mail or fax the application.

Click here for the Irrigation Service Application

If a new irrigation system is being installed, contact the Department of Community Development at 239-574-0546, option 6 to apply for a permit.

New Construction/Utility Extension Connections
Customer Service initiates permitting water, sewer, irrigation and well installations for new construction and new service hookup. Contribution In Aid of Construction and Capital Expansion Fees are paid at the Customer Billing Services Division.

If you prefer to pay these fees in installments, our New Construction Customer Service Representative can explain the payment plans available:  239-242-3853.

Click here for questions on New Construction/Utility Extension Connections.