Accessibility Information

Customer Billing Services

Statement Billed Assessments

Do I have to pay the assessments if my land is vacant?

Yes. Assessments are due regardless if the property is vacant or improved.

How do I pay my assessments?

Assessments can be paid by check or credit card. (Credit card payments are accepted either by mail or by phone).

If I sell the property, do I have to pay off the assessment?

No. The City does not require the assessment to be paid in full upon transfer of the title but does require that the assessments are paid current at that time. The new owner will assume responsibility for the payment of any remaining assessment amount.

What will happen if I do not pay the assessment?

You should be aware that City Council has taken more aggressive action on delinquent accounts, including foreclosure.

I currently claim a deduction for property taxes on my income tax return each year. Can I claim a deduction for my assessment?

This is a question for your tax consultant.

How often is an assessment billed?

The assessments are billed once a year.

How do I change my mailing address for the assessments?

You need to notify the Lee County Property Appraiser’s website at The City will receive the change in your mailing address via the weekly update received from the Property Appraiser’s office.