Accessibility Information

Customer Billing Services

Utility Extension/New Utility Connections/Irrigation Service

Utility Extension Connection (for connecting an existing structure to City Utilities)

On September 14, 2020, City Council approved Resolution 216-20 to provide an additional 60 days for developed properties to make their required Plumbers Connection. With this change, owners of developed properties within North 2 UEP now have 240 days from the date of the Notice of Availability (NOA) to connect to the City’s water, sewer, and irrigation systems.

Before applying for a new Utility Extension Connection Application, please review the following items:

  • You have received the certified Notice of Availability Letter from the City of Cape Coral
  • You have a photo copy of the driver’s license for all owners listed on the property
  • You have the name of the licensed plumber performing the connection

--> Click for Online Utility Extension Connection Application

New Construction Connection (for connecting a brand new structure to City Utilities)

Before applying for a New Construction Connection Application, please review the following items:

  • The new construction permit has already been issued
  • You have a photo copy of the driver’s license of the authorized employee for the contractor or for all owners listed on the property
  • If this is a commercial or residential property, please ensure that:
    • The Permit Board is onsite and visible with the permit inside (If not, a fee of $269.28 will be added to your permit)
    • The final elevation grade stakes have been installed when the site borders a vacant lot
    • The area is clear of debris and construction materials (If not, a fee of $269.28 will be added to your permit)
    • For Multifamily & Commercial Dual Water installs, an approved RPZ has been installed on the Potable Water Service

--> Click for Online New Construction Connection Application

Irrigation Service Connection (for connecting to dual water or requesting new irrigation service)

Before applying for a new Irrigation Service Application, please review the following items:
Dual Water

  • You have a previous lawn irrigation permit on file
  • You have the name of the licensed plumber performing the connection
  • Current Utility Account Number
Irrigation Box Only
  • Current Utility Account Number
--> Click for Online Irrigation Connection Application

Where can I obtain a schedule of water & sewer fees and meter installation costs?
--> Click for Residential Water, Irrigation, & Wastewater Rates

What is the difference between assessments and Contribution In Aid of Construction (CIAC) fees?
Assessments are one-time fees charged to all, including vacant parcels in the assessment area. These fees are due after the assessment project is approved by the council. The amount of the assessment is calculated to reimburse the costs of the assessment project, including finance/bonding fees, by charging a per equivalent lot (5,000 sq. ft.) or a per parcel (10,000 sq. ft) fee on each parcel within the assessment project area.

Contribution In Aid of Construction (CIAC) is a one-time fee charged to properties that are not located in an assessment project area but have City services for water, sewer, and irrigation available. 

Per Ordinance 108-22, Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC) is calculated by determining the number of equivalent parcel(s) (EP) for the property.  An EP is 10,000 square feet and is the standard unit used in calculating the Line Extension Assessment.  The EP is calculated by dividing the parcel sq footage by 10,000 and rounded to the tenth.  This is then multiped by the most recently adopted UEP rates, in this case North 1 West, Res 69-23, Res 70-23 and Res 71-23.  The rates are as follows for each service where CIAC is due: Potable Water - $7,246.00, Wastewater - $13,330.00 and Irrigation - $6,041.00.    

Both assessment and CIAC fees may be paid in installments, billed annually with interest.

Is there an interest rate charged for financing capital expansion fees?
Yes, the capital expansion fee(s) loan will accrue interest at the prime rate, plus 2%, existing at the end of the month preceding the date the capital expansion fee(s) loan is initiated.

When we connect to City Services, does the City make the connection, or does the property owner have to hire a plumber?
It is the property owner’s responsibility to have the connection completed.

Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category

New Construction / Utility Extension Connection Forms10 documents

  • Utility Connection Permit Application
    document seq 0.00
  • Owner / Builder Affidavit
    document seq 0.00
  • New Construction / Utility Extension Services Application
    document seq 0.00
  • Septic Abandonment Application
    document seq 0.00
  • Affidavit of Chlorination
    document seq 0.00
  • Water, Dual Water, and Sewer Hook-Up Instructions
    document seq 0.00
  • Water/Sewer Pressure Test Affidavit
    document seq 0.00
  • Burrowing Owl/Gopher Tortoise Affidavit
    document seq 0.00
  • 2020 Utility Grant Connection Overview
    document seq 0.00
  • Irrigation Service Application
    document seq 0.00