Business Tax Receipts & Licensing
A Business Tax Receipt (BTR) is required for every person or persons engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation.
Business Tax Receipts are issued by the Code Compliance Division. All Business Tax Receipts shall be sold beginning July 1 of each year, and are due and payable on or before September 30 of each year, and shall expire on September 30 of the succeeding year. When a business, profession, or occupation requiring a Business Tax Receipt is started after the first quarter of a fiscal year, the Business Tax Receipt will be computed on a quarterly basis.
Contact Code Compliance at (239) 574-0430 for required receipts and fees.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Email questions to Licensing/Business Tax Division at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following links take you to the chapters of the City Code, which pertain to the guidelines, fees, and penalties relating to engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation.
- Chapter 6: Contractors and Contractors' Regulatory Board
- Chapter 11: Local Business Tax
- Chapter 13: Peddlers
Business Tax Receipts / Licensing General Information
- Criteria for Property Maintenance Business Tax Receipt
- Criteria for Property Maintenance Business Tax Receipt (Spanish Version)
- Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
- Licensing Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish Version)
- Consumer Complaints Telephone Numbers
- Authorization Letter for Individuals to Act As an Agent
- Certified Contractor Registration
- Commercial Zoning Compliance Application
- Fertilizer Affidavit
- Home Based Business Zoning Compliance Application
- Out of Business Affidavit
- Pin Release Form
- Solicitor's Permit Application
- Specialty Contractor Packet
- Specialty Contractor Requirement Letter
- Specialty Contractor Trades
- Update Contractor License Holder Contact Information
- Yard Waste Letter
Business Tax Receipts Home/Commercial Business
Please complete the appropriate forms and mail them to:
Code Compliance Division
P.O. Box 150027
Cape Coral, FL 33915-0027
Search for Businesses or Contractors
You can search for contractors through the Energov software on the City website. On the main page of the software, click on 'Contractors' for Contractors or 'Licenses' for businesses.
On the home page, there are various options in the pull-down menus under "Search Field" and "Operator." When you have determined what you would like to search, i.e., owner name, license type, company name, etc., you enter the search parameters in the field titled 'Search String.' For example - to search for Pool contractors, you would select License Type in the Search Field and enter 'pool' in the Search String area. The list of pool contractors will appear in the box below.
--> Click here for information on choosing a contractor
Ensures that all contractors and vendors doing business in the City are properly licensed under applicable City and State regulations and investigates alleged violations of local, state, and regional codes and ordinances.
To report an Unlicensed Contractor performing work within the City of Cape Coral, call 239-242-3783 or email Cape Coral Code Compliance at email@example.com.