Permitting Services Division
Check the Status of a Permit or Inspection
Permitting Counter Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. and is closed to the public on Fridays.
*Last sign-in for the day is at 3:00 p.m.
|Automated Inspection Scheduling||855-636-2824|
|Inspection Scheduling Questions/Help||239-573-3173|
|C/O Desk-City Inspected permits||239-574-0606
|C/O Desk-Private Provider||239-242-3782|
Effective Immediately - Notice to Industry - Photovoltaic Structural Reviews are Rescinded
The City of Cape Coral requires permits and inspections to ensure safe building, effective land use, quality site planning, and coordinated development. The Permitting Services Division is a vital part of the Development Services Department, providing all building permits for property development within the City of Cape Coral. A properly obtained building permit grants legal permission to construct or alter a structure, install, or replace electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing systems according to Florida Building Codes and Standards currently in force.
Please read the Notice to Industry Regarding Residential and Commercial Electronic Submission Requirements - Effective January 1, 2023
See Permitting Fees
How to Apply for Permits:
1. To learn what you need, review the Types of Permits in the Permit Document Center.
2. Building Permits must be submitted through the EnerGov Customer Self-Service (CSS) Portal.
--> Click here for information on how to use the EnerGov CSS System
- You must come in person to City Hall to apply for your permit as an owner-builder.
- Please make an appointment via QLess at the following link: www.capecoral.gov/dcdq
- Counter service for Building Permits at City Hall is by appointment only at this time.
- We encourage you to avoid delays at the Building Permit counter by registering your account in our new self-service portal, EnerGov: https://energovweb.capecoral.gov/EnerGovProd/selfservice#/home
- Here’s a helpful video on how to register in CSS for the first time: https://youtu.be/cv4TlSt1crE
- If you must come in person, please make an appointment via QLess at the following link: www.capecoral.gov/dcdq
Have a question? Call our EnerGov helpline at 239-242-3838. Agents are available from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, to assist with your EnerGov questions.
For general permitting inquiries, please call (239) 574-0546 or contact us via email at email@example.com.