What is Zoning?
Zoning is the classification of land into districts. The purpose of zoning is to regulate the use of land including the use, placement, size of buildings, and yard requirements. A zoning law consists of two parts:
A zoning map shows the boundaries of the various districts.
A written text (called a City of Cape Coral Land Use and Development Regulations (LUDRs) sets forth the regulations applicable to each district. Zoning regulations are to protect and promote the health, safety, and general welfare of the public.
Zoning is the primary means of trying to ensure that land uses are compatible with each other.
--> Click here for a list of Zoning's Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Answer any questions regarding the completion of your Zoning compliance application.
- Help you distinguish your property's Zoning and/or Future Land use designation.
- Help you obtain your commercial sign permits.
- Help you obtain your Certificate of Zoning Compliance.
- Sign off on your Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco application.
How to Find Your Zoning
- How do I find my Zoning? Click this link CapeIMS.
- Enter the address in ( 1234 SW 1ST ST ) format (below).
- Click on the parcel, and see a pop-up box appear (below). This information box will contain data including owner information, Flood zone data, Eagle zone information, property restrictions, and property loan payoffs. Scroll down to find the Future land use and Zoning information specific to this property.
WHAT USES ARE ALLOWED IN EACH ZONING DISTRICT?
- Click this link, Article 4
- Go to table 4.1.6, page 12
- Scroll through the table of permitted uses & certain prohibited uses per district
- Development regulations such as setbacks, height requirements, etc. can be found in Article 4 of our Land Development Code.
- Development regulations for specific uses pertaining to fences, sheds, garages, etc., can be found in Article 5 of our Land Development Code.
- Contact our Customer service representatives at either 239-239-574-0584 or 239-573-3177.
- Regulations for signs are found in Article 7 of our Land Development Code. For more questions contact our Zoning team at 239-574-0584.
Zoning Team Contact Information
Zoning Document Center
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
GUIDELINES / FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS1 document
APPLICATIONS AND FORMS10 documents
- Banner - Inflatable Permit Application.pdf
- Use Energov to apply for Temporary Storage Permits
- Zoning Compliance Application
- Sign Permit Application.pdf